Sunday, February 19, 2012

Found Something I Didn't Even Know I Had Lost

A rainy afternoon seemed like the perfect time to do a little more straightening and organizing in my craft room.  I had one container that held cross stitch odds and ends.  It was pretty disorganized and the lid didn't quite fit on it, so I thought that would be a good one to start with.  In it I found some Mill Hill Halloween kits, a breadcloth, several bookmarks, a weird thread holder and a needle threader, among other things.  There was one plastic bag that appeared to hold some ribbon, trim and metallic thread.  But upon opening it, what I saw was kind of a surprise.  Three completed stitched projects ready to be made into ornaments and one WIP ornament.  My first thought was, "When did I stitch these?".  Well, duh, probably in 1997, don't you think?  Plus, I would guess that the bottom three in the photo might just be from the 1997 Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue.  I don't have this issue anymore, but that's a story for another time.  The WIP (shown on the top in the photo) is called Snowflakes and Berries, and is a Carol Mullane Design for Rainbow Gallery.  It's stitched on mono canvas using Flair and Fyre Werks threads by Rainbow Gallery.

Maybe I stopped working on this because another project came along, but why I didn't pick it up again is a mystery!  I actually have about half of it done.  It's coming along very nicely and looks easy to stitch, so now I'm looking forward to completing it and turning it into an ornament.  Which is exactly what I will do with the other three.  What a fun find!  See?  This is what happens when I finally decide to do some cleaning.  It's raining again today so maybe I'll do a little more.  Who knows what I'll find!

5 comments:

  1. To put this into perspective, I was ten years old when you started this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a couple of WIPs doing just the same thing a few months back. I finished 1 and hopefully will finish the other this year. It is in my 2012 challenge to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, if I did a major clean up - God only knows what I would find. Kind of exciting, really.

    hugs, Kaye xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you found some treasures! Enjoyed visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful, Cathy! What a delightful find :)

    ReplyDelete