Thursday, March 15, 2012

Change Is Good, But I Could Do Without The Snafus!

This week has brought some little changes in our house.  When we moved into our house 2-1/2 years ago, we knew that the formal living room (aka the "little living room") was not something we'd use.  We're not formal people and the room is pretty small.  Right away we knew that it would make a great home office.  It took a while, but we finally found some nice office furniture and then had to get the necessary connections installed in the room.  So how come when you're moving stuff from one room to another, all of these other rooms get involved?  Take my craft room.  It was pretty organized, but now has become a storage unit for boxes of office stuff.  So I basically walk in there and then walk out.  The mess is not conducive to craftiness. 

Even though I'm typing at the new desk in our new office, there is still a lot to do.  Plus, the phone service company (which will not be named) still has to get out here and figure out why the only phone working in the whole house is the one in the new office.  I will be so glad when all of this is done.  Makes me wonder how much I'd flip out during a major renovation! 

I actually made some progress on Folk Eggs, and am now working on egg #4.  I'm a fan of Prairie Schooler and am really enjoying stitching this.  I hope to get in a little more stitching today on my "day off".  You know, the "day off" that is filled with laundry, cleaning and cooking. 

The spring weather here is so beautiful.  It did get a little warm in the house yesterday, so I'm taking advantage of open windows and ceiling fans today.  It is a little early for all of this warm weather, and there is still time to get a cold spell in the next few weeks. 

I want to give a big welcome to my new followers!  And I'd also like to thank everyone who left comments on my blog.  Nice to know someone is reading and enjoying it!  And if you're visiting and would like to join (or follow) my blog, just click the "join this site" button on the left side of the screen and it will tell you what to do.  It's easy!

Hopefully the next time I post, we'll have the house back in order after this room swap, and I'll be able to show off a little sewing project I've been wanting to create!

1 comment:

  1. I really like your eggs. They are coming along well I think. Yep, snafus are not fun! Huggles.

    ReplyDelete