Friday, April 20, 2012

The Cats Are Back In Town!

I'm heading into a working weekend, so I made up my mind that I would take one day beforehand and make it a stitching day.  Today's that day. On a normal Stitch Day (at the Stitch Store), I would not be distracted by laundry and cooking dinner, but I'll take it.  I felt I needed a little change and brought out the Kitty Kalendar to work on.  I hadn't forgotten how darn cute it is, but it is a change from working on the black fabric of Folk Eggs. 

There hasn't been a lot of stitching progress lately.  A lot of stuff has been happening to distract me from my favorite hobby.  And then there is the thumb.  That's right, the thumb.  My right thumb has been popping at the joint for the past few weeks.  It kinds of gets a little locked up in one position and then I have to pop it to get it to bend.  No popping sound, but a jerky kind of stuck movement, if that makes any sense.  When I showed it to my doctor at my yearly physical, she said "Ew".  I'm not kidding about that.  I had done self-diagnosis via the internet and came up with "trigger thumb", but she wasn't convinced that's what it was and gave me a referral for a hand surgeon.  Although I can still stitch, my stitching rate is slowed down.  Which means that this slow stitcher is now a VERY slow stitcher.  I haven't made an appointment with the surgeon yet, and I'm a little scared that the remedy to this might be something that is going to curtail my stitching for a while.  But we'll see.

Meanwhile, Folk Eggs is moving right along.  I did manage to get some done on egg #5 at Stitch Day and am happy with the way it's turning out. 

Sheila and I will soon embark on a non-stitching project that requires something called Ice Resin.  I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do with that and will document our progress! 

Now I think it's back to the Kitty Kalendar and some junky TV.  And believe me, on a random weekday afternoon, there is plenty of junky TV!

3 comments:

  1. Love the kitties but of course the eggs are pretty too! Huggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Cats they are so darn cute.
    Happy Stitching
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooh great stitching, love it! Hope your thumb is ok. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete