Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sisters In Stitching

Yesterday was a day I particularly look forward to each month - Saturday Stitch Day at the Stitch Store.  It's the day that ten devoted stitchers show up at the store for a day of uninterrupted stitching.  The day is hosted by Terrie, the owner of the Stitch Store, and also includes time for eating, talking, laughing and a fun gift exchange.  It's not always the same ten people.  Sometimes one of us can't make it, but there is always someone to fill the empty seat!  The fun is in being together, working on something we all love.  And as Thea says, one of the great things about Stitch Day is getting affirmation from each other about our stitchy endeavors.  I was thrilled when everyone agreed to have their projects photographed and posted on my blog!
Thea is working on Prairie Schooler's Santas - all of them!  She plans to use these to make an afghan.
Above is "Bethlehem" by Imaginating, which was stitched by Laurie.  I only had room for a portion of it, but you can see how beautiful it turned out.  In fact, Laurie finished it yesterday!

Pat showed off a lovely finish - "Blessed Liberty" by Homespun Elegance.  I liked this so much, I bought the chart!


This is "17th Century Irish Garden" for Creative Needlework, and it's Peggy's current project.  Love the colors and the cats!

Marti was working on "Mary Margaret - Four Girls" by Carriage House Samplings.  Beautifully done on 40 count fabric!

Sheila is using perle cotton on 10 count fabric for "Daily Life: Garden Daily" by SamSarah.  The combination of floss and fabric give this a unique and pretty look.

A true labor of love by Terrie:  Miribilia's "Mediterranean Mermaid".  This will be quite a finish with its beads and sparkling threads!


Jackie's current project is "Simple Joys" by Little House Needleworks.  The colors LHN uses are so pretty.


Renee's rustic-looking Santa is being done on large count fabric.  I love the way this is turning out.

It's fun to be able to showcase the stitching projects of my friends.  It's all about them in this post!  I'll post an update of mine soon.  So here's to another enjoyable day in the company of good friends.  Looking forward to the next one!

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome post Cathy! I love our stitch days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAH! I almost thought that you might be near me as my Local LHN looks a lot like that on the inside and the owner's name is Terri. But, alas, The Stitch Store is nowhere near me :( Love the photos - what a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! One of them is a design I have been searching for some time now! The 17th century irish garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos. I have been searching without success for one of thise designs. 17th century Irish garden.

    ReplyDelete