Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blog Hop Time - Stitching Rituals

Blog Hop #6 is about stitching rituals:

Some of us have a favorite chair that we sit in to stitch, others prefer to enjoy a steaming mug of tea while they stitch. Maybe you need to get comfortable and put on your pajamas before you pick up your needle or you simply must rearrange all the sofa pillows before you sit down. Sometimes the ritual is in the clean up when we’re done and everything must go in a certain place. What sort of stitching rituals do you have when you sit down to work on your projects? 
 
At home I do have a set stitching spot.  It's the right end of the couch with the end table at my right.  I can sit at the other end if I have to, but this is my comfy stitching spot.  My scissor holder and "thread bucket" are always on the table, ready for stitch time.  I like to have all of my supplies gathered before I settle in.  And it's always nice to have something to watch while I stitch.  It shouldn't be anything complicated or intense, which is why Lifetime movies are an excellent choice, along with episodes of Hoarders or Big Brother for example.  When I'm done stitching, everything has to get zipped up in my project bag.  If you'll remember, I have very curious and sometimes very bad cats.  So putting away is just as an important part of my ritual as setting up!
All ready to go.
Visit all the blogs in this round of the Stitching the Night Away Stitching Blogger Blog Hop:
Find the instructions on how to participate in this round by clicking here


Stitching the Night Away Stitching Bloggers Blog Hop

 

4 comments:

  1. I like to stitch while watching Hoarders too - gives me something else to look at while they are cleaning out those incredibly nasty houses *lol*

    --shaunterria
    ca11i0pe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen an episode or two of Hoarders. Disgusting!! Sounds like you keep everything neat and tidy... after you stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll watch random shows like Hoarders and Pickers with my son late at night when he's having trouble sleeping, they're definitely good shows to get some stitching done to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoarders, so funny, when my kids get a look at my stitching stash, that is the first thing they start saying. I have to tell them though, But someday I really will finish all of those projects.

    ReplyDelete