Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Eyes Still Have It

At our last Stitch Day, I showed everyone a little needlecase that I made a couple of years ago.  I used a little wooden needlecase and worked the beaded part in the tubular peyote stitch.  I've proclaimed this case as  mine and carry it with all of my other stitching stuff.
It got me to thinking that I should try this particular craft again now that my eyes have gotten a little older.  I honestly wondered if I could still do it or if the tiny Delica beads would do me in. 

During my craftroom cleanup, I found my pattern books for these beaded cases.  Jennie Might at Black Giraffe Designs is the author of the books and designer of all of the patterns in them.  I found a pattern with only three colors, which worked out well because it was pretty straightforward and an easy re-introduction to beading.  I also happened to have all three of these colors "in stock".  Yes, there are actually some beads that I don't have.  Then I got to work.  And here's the result.  It's the one with the American Flag design.
The other two were ones I made previously.  I think these will become special gifts eventually.  I intend to add to this little collection because the good news is that I CAN still do this, old eyes and all!  Hah!  It was a fun  project and I may be ordering some more beads soon.

Also, here's an update on my LHN mystery sampler, "Song Of The Seasons".  I'm not exactly getting through this at the speed of lightning, am I?  But it is turning out nicely, even though this is kind of a funky picture.
Thanks for stopping by, and thank you for commenting on my posts, few and far between they may be lately.  I'm happy to say that the craftroom organization/cleanup is done!  Look for a post about that in the near future.  It's such a good feeling to get everything put into place and have a nice environment to craft!

6 comments:

  1. I love these little beaded cases. I have a kit, but never have tried it. Maybe this will encourage me to get it out and work on it. Ha. Love reading about your stitch days and would love to join you sometime for some fun and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, you are a member of our group and are welcome anytime! Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I love these little beaded needlecases. They are so special.
    Very nice progress on the LHN mystery. I love to see the new instalment on the different blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new finishes; they look fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beaded cases!!! The LHN mystery sampler looks very nice as well!!!
    Ezia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just popped in to see what you are doing. The needle cases are delightful. Cute flag!

    Yeah, I and the eye doctor are going round and round with contacts, trying to find something I can live with. Getting old is a pain.

    ReplyDelete