Friday, September 18, 2015

Which Are Your Favorites?

September is a big month for many of us stitchers.  That's when the Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament issue comes out.  We snap it up at our local bookstore or LNS, or purchase one online and then settle in to decide what we'll be stitching for Christmas.  Or in my case, for next Christmas. 

I was lucky enough to buy this year's issue from a friend who already had one and it is certainly full of beautiful charts.  My fellow blogger, Vickie, from A Stitcher's Story, wrote a post about her top five favorite ornaments in the Christmas Ornament issue.  Such a fun idea, so I asked her if I could borrow it.  She said I could, which was no surprise because stitchers are awesome people.

So here are my top five in no particular order:
1.  Christmas Eve Delivery by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery
2.  Plenty by Hands On Design
3. Barn Star Christmas by Summer House Stitche Workes
4.  White Christmas by New York Dreamer
5.  Simple Hearts by Elizabeth's Needlework Designs
There are so many more pretty ornaments, but I'm limiting this post to my top five.  Now, which of the 75 projects in the magazine are your favorites? 

I finished my portion of the secret project I told you about.  It turned out well, and now it's winging its way to the next stitcher.  Or maybe it's rolling its way.  I don't know.  I'm pretty sure I'll be able to reveal the finish in a couple of months.

This past Saturday was our stitch group's Stitch Day so I was able to put a few more stitches into my current project, Kaleidoscope by Sheena Rogers. 
Wow, I thought I got a lot more done than that.  Hmm, I think I need to devote a little more time to stitching if I'm going to have any finishes this year!

Each month at Stitch Day we have a gift exchange.  It's become a cherished tradition and is just plain fun.  I thought you might like to see what September's gifts look like after they were opened. 
Looks good, right?  And there were only four of us present this month!  You can imagine what it's like when all of us are there!

Thanks for stopping by!  I appreciate that and all of the comments I get.  If you're not yet a follower, please consider becoming one.  Until next time!

8 comments:

  1. I like your top 5 picks. I haven't received mine yet, but I am hoping it arrives next week. Your WIP is looking good. Every little bit stitched gets you closer to a finish! Enjoy your weekend!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty stitchy picks. I don't do Christmas issues but fall stuff, like pretty fall leaf colors and harvest stuff, I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some lovely choices there and different styles too. I love the gift exchange, what a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love these favourites posts and have already seen several of them on the blogs. The White Christmas ornament seems to be a favourite of many and I love it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your favourite top five ornaments! Your stitch day exchange looks great! Have a lovely weekend! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your top five picks. I haven't seen the magazine yet....guess that means a trip to the craft store! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your top 5 choices! They are all different styles too.
    Can only drool about this mag, cannot get it here in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all lovely..hope you have a wonderful week.
    Xo
    Dagmar

    ReplyDelete