Monday, October 26, 2015

Kalideoscope And A Bouquet of Happiness

Today is overcast, rainy, windy, and cold.  The cats are hissing at each other.  And I'm sick.  WAAAAAHHHHHH!  That's all of the whining and excuses for one day.  Maybe I just need to get stitching and forget my woes.

My current project is one that I'm enjoying stitching very much.  I've made a bit more progress on Sheena Rogers' Kaleidoscope.  I haven't been the most prolific stitcher during the past six months or so and I can't really say why.  It's not exactly a slump, more like a semi-slump. But this is a pretty cheerful looking project with its combination of beautiful colors, and it's getting me out of whatever kind of slump I'm in.

I don't even mind all of the color changes because it's so rewarding seeing it come to life.  I think I will pick this up for some evening stitching if I don't fall asleep first!

My stitch group's October Stitch Day was a couple of weeks ago.  I've mentioned before that we have a gift exchange at each of our get togethers.  Look at what I got!
It's a bouquet of floss in autumn colors. Who doesn't like to receive more floss?  I mean, you could already have 4,000 skeins of DMC but getting a gift of more can make you do a little happy dance.  Who's with me?  Come on, I know I'm not the only one!  Love this.  Look at them - all colorful and shiny.  Makes me want to start a fall project.  Hmmmmmm, I may have to look through the chart collection......

6 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon! I like your bouquet of autumn skeins of floss colors. They make me smile.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you're not well and I hope you feel a lot better soon! Love the cross stitch you are working on.... such a pretty design. What a lovely exchange gift you received.... such beautiful colours! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon but I'm sure all that beautiful floss must have cheered you up no end already! :)
    Lovely colourful design!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stitching and the gift. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty fall colors in your thread cup! Hope you are feeling better already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice progress on your Kaleidoskope. And yes, You can never have enough thread :)

    ReplyDelete