Sunday, September 25, 2016

The Secret Project Is Revealed

You may remember my mentioning my secret project in previous posts. I'm going to reveal it today, and the reason for the secret project is my excuse for not posting for most of September.

You see, last Saturday, September 17th, was the wedding day of our son, Matt, and our beautiful new daughter-in-law, Stephanie. My secret project was a wedding gift for them.
The design is "Two Shall Be As One" by My Big Toe. I chose a natural linen color for the fabric and used DMC bright white for all of the stitching. I enjoyed stitching this and love the way the border looks like lace. Sorry for the crooked photo, but I was trying to avoid glares and shadows. Good excuse.
A little closer and a little straighter.  

Some will ask why I didn't stitch this in a color, and the reason is that I really wanted that "wedding day" effect, with the white lace look.

And here's a photo of the happy couple.
I guess I was so preoccupied with the wedding that I ignored my blog a little, but I think that's a good reason, right? So now I'm back to stitching, concentrating on my blocks for the Rainbows for Peace and Comfort Facebook group. You can find out more info about this project HERE.

And speaking of stitching, who has seen the 2016 issue of Just Cross Stitch's Christmas Ornament issue? I think this is one of the best issues I've seen in a few years. It's just full of lovely projects. I'd like to stitch some for Christmas, but that will depend on my progress on other stitching projects. Isn't that the way it always is?

So check out this issue and see what you think. Which designs will be your favorites?

7 comments:

  1. The Wedding piece is beautiful.
    I need to stitch the Glendon Place Snowman from the JCS issue.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift you have made for your son and daughter-in-law! The wedding was the perfect reason not to be writing blog posts! Have a lovely week! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stitching for a gorgeous couple! Hope you all enjoyed a wonderful wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful stitched piece! I love the white on the natural linen fabric....it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wedding gift for your son and new daughter-in-law. The color scheme you chose is classic and timeless - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful present and glad they loved it! I think the white lace effect is perfect.

    I flipped through that JCS (and the Halloween one) but haven't bought either. I'll probably want them for the Frosted Pumpkin charts though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely couple they make! Congratulations to all of you!

    I have the JCS Ornie issue and haven't decided which ones I want to stitch yet!

    ReplyDelete